Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Declan!!!


He his here! My sweet boy, Declan Craig was born on Sept. 18 at 12:58 pm. He weighed 8lbs 11oz and was 20 1/4 inches long.

Friday was moving day. We got all the boxes unloaded and filled the trailer
with our furniture. On Saturday, some volunteers from our new ward were coming to help unload the last of it. However, Saturday at 12:03 am (yes, I looked at the clock) I woke up (after 45mins of sleep) with a contraction. I knew right then I was in labor because it was completely in my back. I let Justin keep sleeping. At 4am I put a call in to my midwife. We decided it was time to come in since we now like 40 mins away and I tested positive for group B strep. My mom got to our house just around 4:30 and away we went. We left our house in shambles with only our beds set up. My Dad came to the house in the morning to meet the elders quorum. I was admitted around6:15 am (triage took forever!) and was happy to find that I was already at 5 cm after only 6 hours! I continued to labor and cope with the back labor until about 7:30 when I received the epidural. After only 45 mins of sleeping after moving all day I was so exhausted.
About 10 mins after I got all hooked up there was a horrible scream from down the hall so
my nurse went running. Apparently, there was a first time mom who dilated from 2 cm to complete in just a few contractions. That poor women. I could hear her through several closed doors and walls. After a couple more screams the music played meaning she had her baby.
Declan was facing the wrong direction and was very slow at turning. Labor stalled so we broke my water at 8 cm. The contractions were still weak and irregular so we started pitocin. Three contractions later I felt ready to push. Four contractions after that I was holding my sweet baby!



My family was amazing. We came home Monday morning to an unpacked house. Our kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms were all put away. There is still organizing to do but the amount of work they did in two days would have taken me weeks.

Our new ward, which we have never attended, has been outstanding. We are so excited to be in it. The elders quorum president called the relief society after they helped move furniture to let them know we were having a baby. We have had meals from them all week. We didn't expect anything from them and have been overwhelmed with their selflessness and generosity. We are so excited to be in this ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers