Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Motherhood

I will post pictures and updates soon. I know I am way behind but I am on my laptop and all the pictures are on the desktop.

I can't believe I am a mom. I know it has been a few years since I held Liam for the first time. However, I am humbled and in awe everyday at the amazing gift that I have been given. Even though both of our kids came a few years earlier than we planned, I couldn't be happier. Never did we imagine that just three years after kneeling across the sealing alter would we have two kids! It was a hard adjustment but it just goes to show that Heavenly Father has his own timeline. It is so humbling to be a mother and know that our Heavenly Father trusts me enough with his precious children. I was reading on my friends blog about her labor experience. She said that laboring naturally was the closest she has ever felt to understanding the atonement. I couldn't agree more. The intensity that it take to bring our children into this world is so humbling and amazing. Through the birth of my children, I have come to have a deeper relationship with Christ and our Father in Heaven. My sweet babies drive me crazy and I get really frustrated (more often than I care to admit). Sometimes I hide in my closet for a few minutes to get myself together, but I can't imagine life without them. I make mistakes all day long but as soon as Liam gives Declan a kiss, or when Declan smiles at me and Liam randomly says "love you", I know that I am doing okay. Heavenly Father won't leave us stranded and alone. He helps me everyday. I feel so blessed to be a women and have the gift and calling of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers