Saturday, November 27, 2010

poor baby

There were some issues when the drs tried to circumcise Declan as a newborn. Long story short, his foreskin was so swollen it was cutting off blood circulation to the head- which is a problem if we want grandbabies. Our pediatrician called in a pediatric surgeon who rushed over to check Delcan out. He made a slit the length of the the foreskin so release the pressure. We had to wait for him to heal completely before we could try again. So poor kid just got circumcised (11/23). I went in with him and he did great. He was really fussy the rest of the day but has been fine since. I much prefer doing the procedure when they are newborns! I think it is easier on everyone. I am just thankful there was no lasting damage and we were able to get it taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with doing in the office instead of the hospital. It is much easier on everyone. I'm sorry this one was so traumatic though.

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers